The Straight Herbs, Turmeric Powder is a member of the ginger family, ideal to help maintain joint function.
A pure powdered root suplement fed to help support healthy joints , diegestion and respiratory functions.
- Pain: because all dogs are subject to arthritis, turmeric can play an important role due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It tops the list for natural remedies for treating dogs with stiff joints.
- Blood Clots: Curcumin is also a blood thinner, which makes it an essential component when it comes to reducing the risk of blood clots and ridding the body of excess cholesterol. Although cholesterol doesn’t effect dogs like it does people, clots can lead to a number of problems for dogs, including heart issues.
- Irritable Bowel Disease: Curcumin also stimulates bile production in the liver, which aids in digesting food properly because it helps break down dietary fats. Active dogs require diets that have at least 20 percent fat, so a little turmeric can go a long way with respect to aiding in overall digestion. Dogs that are pregnant, nursing or underweight require more fat in the diet, which means that more turmeric could help.
- Cancer: There are some reports emerging, albeit somewhat tentatively, that turmeric could play a role in fighting cancer. Animal and test tube studies have revealed the herb’s capability to play a role in preventative medicine as an antioxidant. It has also been proven to shut down the blood vessels that feed cancer cells in some cases, although more research is certainly needed on the subject.
- Dementia: In India where turmeric is used regularly among many; the number of people suffering from dementia and similar memory related diseases is considered very low.